3 Critical Steps for Successful Social Media Ranking
by Josette MIllar
Develop Solid Ideas for Content
To increase your social media ranking, you need content that is relevant, accurate and unique. Putting one blog post on your site every month isn’t going to generate the results that one per day is going to. You need relevant content positioned on your site on a regular basis if you are planning to boost your search engine ranking.
Use Social Media to Promote Backlink Building
Recently, both Bing and Google have started focusing primarily on tracking links that were shared publicly on Twitter and Facebook. In doing so, it has made social media sites one of the best places to garner a number of natural backlinks for your website. You have to perform actions that promote backlink creation. Your readers have to have an incentive to share your content with others. If not, the valuable links that you desire won’t be created.
To make sure your business gets the backlinks you need, consider doing some of the following:
- Take to social networking sites and build up your network. Sites such as Twitter and Facebook allow your content to be seen by a much broader audience than other forms of marketing. The larger the audience, the more opportunity you are going to have for your links to be shared with others.
- Using your Twitter and Facebook account, connect your blog to make it visible for all to see.
Doing so will create a new link to your profile automatically for every new post you submit online. Since these tools are designed specifically for this purpose, you might as well use them to your advantage. Consider using an updating-scheduling tool like HubSpot or Hootsuite to generate a repeat announcement when you post new blogs. This allows you to reach a number of different users with varying patterns of activity online.
Increase Your Social Media Ranking
Building a solid number of followers on social media is important. Reports indicate that the number of +1 votes you have for your articles is a factor that weighs into what their natural social media ranking is. The more followers your blog post has, the higher it is going to rank in the search engines. Boosting your presence through Google + is a great way to boost your SEO ranking for your site.
To avoid having your site take a nosedive, diversify your traffic base from social media ranking by doing the following:
- Each blog post should have buttons for visitors to share the content on social media platforms.
- Another good idea is the scrolling option that enables the page to move along with your readers. Most importantly, you need to have all of the social media buttons readily visible.
- At the end of every post, add in some type of direct appeal to your visitors that invites them to share your articles on their profiles.
- Use social media as a means of branding yourself as an authority in the industry.
You want to be recognized as someone that people can turn to for a number of different reasons, while benefitting your search engine ranks in the meantime. Once your website is recognized, you will be able to naturally attract referrals and visitors. Loyal visitors are one of the best forms of traffic you can have, without having to worry about them being affected by Google changes.