The ABC’s of Website Marketing
by Andrew Millar
The very first place clients and prospects go to research your business is the Internet. They’ll Google the heck out of you. But if you’re not there, they’ll Google the heck out your competition instead.
This is why website marketing in Westchester NY is not just a fluff idea or the latest trend. It is vital to your business’ success. If you do not have a web presence, chances are pretty good you’re missing out on new leads and potential sales.
Like any part of your business, website marketing is not easy. If it were, everyone would be doing it like a rock star. The truth is, it takes time to develop a strong web presence. But, don’t let that scare you.
While website marketing is not an exact science, it also is not rocket science. (Thank goodness!) When you think “website marketing in Westchester NY,” do not let the unknown cause you to bury your head in the sand. These ABC’s can help you understand how it works and how it should be incorporated into your overall business plan.
Website Marketing in Westchester NY – ABC Simplified
A is for Attract
As you plan your “website marketing Westchester NY,” the ultimate goal is to increase your sales, drive your revenues up and improve your bottom line. You are not just pitching for the sake of pitching to every Tom, Dick and Sally who happens to visit your site. Your time is valuable.
You want to attract your potential customers, also known as your target audience. To do so, you can use a variety of tools, including:
- A Regular Blogroll – Blogging not only gives you a way to constantly add fresh material to your site, but it gives you the ideal platform on which to educate your prospects and answer their questions in a detailed fashion.
- A Strong Social Media Presence – Social Media thrives on engagement. This helps your business build a relationship with prospects and clients.
- Keyword Optimization – Your customers and prospects have a need. You have the solution. By optimizing your site with carefully chosen keywords, you can help them discover how you can help.
B is for Build (and Convert)
Relationships are the key building block for any successful business. When you consider “website marketing Westchester in NY,” don’t just think about the value of getting visitors to your site. Picture building a relationship with them. This is the quickest way to convert them into prospects and customers.
You can do this with:
- Clear Calls-to-Action – These buttons and links are partnered with verbiage which encourages your visitors to engage with you.
- Opt-In Forms – You only have a lead when you have contact information. This allows you to reach out and nurture your prospects. Opt-in forms allow you to capture these precious details.
C is for Close
Success as far as “website marketing Westchester in NY” is concerned, doesn’t happen until you have closed the deal. And, some website marketing tools can help. These include:
- Email Campaigns – When a visitor opts in and gives you their contact information, but is not quite ready to sign on the dotted line, email campaigns can help you build trust. Sharing useful, relevant content displays not only your business’ expertise, but also your desire to help.
- Closed-Loop Reporting – Determining how effective your website marketing efforts are can be difficult. Which landing pages are performing the best? What key words are getting you the most hits? How much engagement is your business seeing through your Social Media presence? Closed-loop reporting gives you the analytics to evaluate all this and more.